Broccoli and Tomato Salad is a colorful crunchy salad. The healthy and tasty salad can be enjoyed as a side dish. It can also be turned into a satisfying meal with a little bit of cheese topped on the salad. The Cheese also gives a rich texture to the salad though it is added in less quantity.
1. Broccoli florets - 1 cup
2. Cherry tomatoes - 4 to 5
3. Bell Peppers sliced- 1 cup
4. Carrots cut length wise- 1 cup
5. Lemon juice - 2 tbsp.
6. Olive oil - 1 tsp.
7. Crushed black pepper - 1 tbsp.
7. Cheese (optional)
8. salt to taste (preferably flake salt, which is specially used in salads, and makes the salad more crunchy)
1. Combine broccoli, carrots and peppers, and add to the boiling water and take it out after 5 minutes.
2. Heat up olive oil in a pan and toss the broccoli florets, bell peppers and carrots just to gain the flavour and for the edges to get a bit crunchy (probably around 3 to 4 min on medium flame).
2. Slice the cherry tomatoes in half, and tumble into the bowl on top of the broccoli and other vegetables.
3. Gently toss the salad with the lemon juice, and season with salt and black pepper.
4. Finally grate little bit of cheese on top of it. The cheese not only gives the texture, it also adds flavour to the salad. The salad is ready to relish.