Chikkudu Kaaya Vepudu is the Broad Beans stir fry dish from Andhra Pradesh, India. Adding these kinds of green vegetables into your every diet is really a treat to your everyday meals. The Green Beans has a softer texture when boiled and tastes little on sweeter side. The exact amount of spices and nuts added to the Beans/Chikkudu Kaaya makes an excellent recipe and adds to your balanced nutrition. Here, in the Chikkudu Kaaya Vepudu, adding coarsely grounded peanuts results in crunchiness in taste, as well adds nutrition to the dish.
|Chikkudu Kaaya / Broad Beans|
1. Chikkidikaya / Broad beans - 1/4th Kg.
2. Onions - 1 no.
3. Groundnuts/peanuts - 2 tbsp.
4. Garlic - 3 to 4 pods
5. Chilly powder - 1 tsp.
6. Mustard seeds - 1/2 tsp.
7. Bengal gram /Channa dal /senagapappu - 1 tsp.
8. Black gram /Urad dal / minapa pappu - 1 tsp.
9. Curry leaves - 1 spring
10. Red chillies - 2 no. (broken into pieces)
12. Oil - 1 tsp.
13. Salt to taste.
1. First trim the ends of the beans by pulling off some fibers running down and cut them into two pieces. Clean the beans and cook them in water until tender adding salt. Drain them into the colander and keep them aside.
2. Dry roast the peanuts until the outer cover comes off easily but not burning them. Once it cools down, rub the peanuts with your palm until the skin is out. Blend them coarsely adding garlic and keep this too aside.
3. Heat oil in a pan, then add mustard seeds. Once the seeds splutters, add bengal gram and black gram, and let it stay until it changes its color to light brown keeping the flame at low. Now add curry leaves and red chilies followed by onions. Fry this until the onions turn translucent.
4. Add the boiled beans, coarsely grounded peanut powder and chilly powder, giving them a thorough stir. Finally add coriander leaves and serve Chikkudu Kaaya Vepudu as a nutrition-rich dish to rice, rotis and chapatis.
|Andhra meal - Chikkkudu Kaaya Vepudu, steamed rice, pickle and leafy vegetable pulse curry (Thotakoora Pappu)|
You might also like: